At Sam’s funeral Sue talked about how everyone has a spiritual gift and she shared some beautiful thoughts about Sam’s gift. I have pondered that often and have concluded that Merideth’s gift is peace. In the time she was with us there was not a hovering feeling of fear. In faith we focused on what we had been guided to do, and our days with her were full and joyful. My memories continue to be peaceful. Considering the many worries I had before she was born and the strength and peace I continue to feel, I believe that is her gift.
Christmas was still full of reminders of Merideth in gifts given and received. Every year Aaron and I find an ornament that represents something from that year. I knew months ago what I wanted to do, and I am pleased with how it came together.
A special gift we received was from my sister-in-law Katy who offered to make a digital scrapbook of Merideth and have it printed. To have a completed scrapbook of a child is an amazing gift in itself, since I have hardly pasted anything on paper from Natalie’s 2 ½ years. When I think of the time put into gathering and arranging the pictures, I am overwhelmed. I’m grateful that there is lots of room on the pages to write my thoughts, when I find the quiet time to do that. (scroll down to see the pictures on the bottom right of the blog).
We have pictures of Merideth throughout the house and Natalie often talks about her to me or in her playing. We talk about family and mention Merideth in our prayers. Her memory and spirit are truly alive in our home.
5 comments:
That is the sweetest ornament!
Wendi Jorgensen
Katy - thanks so much for making the digital slideshow. I love to see Merideth surrounded by the love of her extended family.
I love the beautiful ornament. I hope that Merideth will continue to bring you and your family the gift of peace.
I am glad to see and hear of the peace you and Aaron have of your experience and time with Merideth. Peace can be a very hard thing to find when you lose a loved one. I like the thought of spiritual gifts....I've never thought of that before. Hmmm...not sure what Paige's might have been. But's it's a nice thing to think about. Loved the book Katy made. Priceless.
I finally found your blog, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. What a wonderful blog.
Post a Comment