People ask if I see a difference between raising a boy and raising a girl. So far I haven’t noticed anything specific with Christian. I just attribute most of his antics to simply being a toddler. Yes, Christian is walking. Everywhere. He only spent a couple of days on the “stumble and take five steps” phase and then he was completely on the move. It is exciting to see his mobility, but he wants to get involved with everything. He particularly favors the bathroom where he can wreak havoc with the toilet paper, explore in and around the toilet and precariously climb on the step stool to see what else is in his reach. He is definitely a little monkey.
The birthday boy and I enjoyed sharing our day together. After a special rendition of “Happy Birthday, You Two,” Christian took the spotlight eating his cake. 



We of course had to get him some boy toys, mainly a car of his own that Natalie didn’t think already belonged to her.
Natalie and her brother are great friends. They get along well most of the time. It is so fun to watch them play together and get each other to laugh. She affectionately calls him Chubs, but I mostly call him Bubba (which, I assure you, was my own nickname for him, not influenced by the name of any professional golfers)
Call him happy,
Call him cute.
But I have to admit I’m a little sad
I can’t call my little guy a baby any more.
5 comments:
He sure is adorable! I love keeping up with you and your family through your blog!
How fun is that boy! So lucky!
Oh my goodness, Diana, he is SO cute!!! :) I love his chubby legs and brown eyes.
He's so big . . . have I been gone that long??? He has the cutest smile, I love it! Did I know he was born on your birthday?
The older he gets the more I see a strong resemblance between Christian and Natalie. They are both adorable.
Post a Comment