
As I was sitting in church today my mind wandered and I found myself wondering what eggs have to do with Easter. It's a real stretch to figure out how a bunny comes into play delivering chicken eggs, so I won't go there, but I came up with some reasonable answers for the egg. It's not profound and others have probably come up with the same general idea that an egg is a symbol of life. I think that could be a new life beginning, as with the baby chicken, or a new life after death, or it could represent a rebirth. I suppose you could further expound that and talk about the change that must occur in each of us to be spiritually reborn, but that is deeper than I was planning to go with this.
Changing subjects for a moment, I will say that at times I do feel wistful that one thing I have missed out on with Merideth is sewing matching dresses for my girls. I had good intentions this spring to make coordinating outfits for Natalie and Christian, but making a matching tie is just not the same as fluffy spring dresses Besides, I couldn't find any fabric that I loved, so I ended up forgetting the idea. But I was reminded of it again today, especially when I saw two little girls at church wearing matching bright yellow dresses. They were so cute, it was easy to smile. And I didn't feel sad about it today because even though I didn't get to do that for Merideth, I will be able to do it for Natalie and her new little sister come August.
Anyhow, springtime is a season of new life: trees getting green buds, dormant flowers poking through the ground, baby animals being born, and the sunshine breaking through to give a feeling of being alive. How it is appropriate that we celebrate Easter in the spring, for Christ's resurrection makes our continuation of life possible.
6 comments:
New sister?! Did I know that already? It sounds like new information- oh so sweet! Happy day and congrats!
You just snuck that information right in didn't you? Congrats on another girl! (The yellow dresses were happy.)
I guess I'm logged in as Lee, but that was really from Becca.
Yay for babies! Congratulations! Looking at that picture of Natalie and Christian makes me think we need to get together more often. When did Christian turn into such a big and handsome boy? They are so cute!
I'm excited to see the matching dresses of the future. I'm so glad for you and your news. Give those kids a squeeze for me.
Yeah! Congrats on another girl. I was going to ask you today. Your girls are beautiful so it will be exciting to have another beautiful Smart girl! I bet Natalie is excited
Congratulations! How exciting to have a new baby coming to your family!
Post a Comment