Monday, September 21, 2009

Pictures Worth Waiting For


Last week we received the photos from the photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep that were taken the day after Merideth was born. This is a non-profit organization and the photographers volunteer their time and generously come at short notice to photograph children with serious health problems.





















We love the pictures of Merideth. Our photographer also included a slide show with some very sweet music titled “Calling All Angels” by Jessie Clark Funk. I can’t upload the video to my blog, but I would love to share it with anyone who asks about it.

This organization is yet another company whose services of sincere and selfless people have blessed us. If you would like to donate or refer it to someone you know, go to nowilaymedowntosleep.org. The website shares touching pictures and stories of families, but I do caution that it may be too emotional to view if you are pregnant.

As my mom and I viewed the website for nearly an hour, I reflected in a different light how amazing it was to have Merideth for 9 days. Some of the babies photographed did not even live one. I don’t find myself asking “How could God let this happen?” but I do marvel at the number of babies in the world born with so many different kinds of complications. As my friend Sue has sad, it’s hard to see other families dealing with the same kind of thing and to realize that there are still babies born daily with these problems. In viewing these pictures in the past week I have felt a renewed gratitude for the time we had with Merideth and the treasured memories and spirit we felt with her.











15 comments:

Sue said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Merideth is beautiful. I am so glad you have some with her eyes open. The one with Natalie is amazing. I think it is so amazing and generous for these photographers to volunteer their time for us in this way. Thanks for sharing!

D said...

What a treasure and wonderful service to give. I love the pictures.

CottleCrew said...

Diana, those are SOOO worth the wait. I love the picture of Natalie with Meredith, what a wonderful gift of services.

Thinking of you. . .

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. They all turned out so beautiuful.
A friend of mine just lost her second baby. She lost a baby boy last summer who was still born due to a knot in the umbilial cord. Two days ago her 5 month old baby boy passed away in his sleep due to SIDS. A mutual friend had taken family pictures for her just a month or so ago and she is so grateful to have those pictures of her baby with them. I imagine you feel the same. You have a beautiful family.

Six-Pack Momma said...

Amazing pictures- and that they pulled it off in the hosptial! They are gorgeous and Merideth is precious beyond belief. I'm gald you have that treasure.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of Natalie & Marideth! They are beautiful pictures but it would be very difficult to take a bad picture of such a beautiful baby!

Heather K. said...

Oh my goodness! These are all so cute! I love the black and white one where they colored her bow and blanket pink. And I love the sisters picture...that is priceless. That is a wonderful that group does. I'm glad that you were able to do it because these pictures will be cherished forever by your family. :)

Paula Decaria said...

The pictures were definitely worth the wait, they turned out absolutely beautiful!

Wendi said...

I LOVE them. Such an amazing keepsake.

happyohana3 said...

she is trully gorgeous, D. Thank you for posting :) I'll chat with you soon.

Cara said...

It has been awhile since I've gotten to visit your blog, I'm so glad I come on today to see these BEAUTIFUL pictures......I'm actually bawling over them!

I would LOVE to see the video. Do you need my email address? Thanks!! All my love and admiration for your continued strength!

Cara Hancock

Michelle said...

I just love that picture of Natalie with her baby sister! Those pictures are beautiful! My heart swells every time I see pictures of your beautiful Merideth.
MKing

Michelle said...

I just love that picture of Natalie with her baby sister! Those pictures are beautiful! My heart swells every time I see pictures of your beautiful Merideth.
MKing

Michelle said...

I just love that picture of Natalie with her baby sister! Those pictures are beautiful! My heart swells every time I see pictures of your beautiful Merideth.
MKing

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.