Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Fun


So far in my mother career, I have had a lot of fun making Natalie’s costumes from miscellaneous things already on hand. Months ago I found a cute pinafore in some hand-me-downs. I tucked that in the back of my mind and dwelt on how to incorporate it into a costume. I put a pink Sunday dress underneath to add color, and I’m really proud of the bloomers I made by sewing some lace on a pair of white capris. Natalie patiently let me put her hair in curlers, but I have to say the best feature is the hat that Aaron’s mom found to complete the outfit. Aaron even humored us by dressing up with me as sheep for our church party (not pictured!). Price of Little Bo Peep costume: $0. The satisfaction of making something from nothing: Priceless.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Super cute! I can't believe she let you curl her hair like that! And I love the bloomers. Now all we need is the picture of you and Aaron dressed as sheep!

Wendi said...

Wow! I never would have thought to be Mary.

Zingalings-Custom Singing Telegrams said...

Cuter than cute, Diana. And like you said, there's nothing better than free!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! Yiddo Bo Peep looks so sweet!
Jewels