Like many heart friends I have met, Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week (February7-14) is something we had never heard about nor had a connection to until we learned in the past year how our lives were affected by the news that our child had a heart defect. Merideth was diagnosed at the end of February, and I already find myself keeping track of where I was this time last year.
“Congenital Heart Disease is considered to be the most common birth defect, and is a leading cause of birth-defect related deaths worldwide.
“Despite the fact that CHD affects approximately 1.8 millions families in the
“By sharing our experiences and providing information, we hope to raise public awareness about conditions that affect approximately 40,000 babies each year in the
While you are doing special things for those you love this week, I invite you to:
--check out Cali’s blog for some wonderful suggestions to raise awareness of heart defects and honor children you know born with this condition (she has done a great job sharing many ideas I would recommend myself)
--visit http://tchin.org/ to learn more about CHDs
--contribute time or money to organizations you know of to raise awareness of heart defects or other medical needs for children
I look forward to what other heart families have to say.
1 comment:
I am going to go down to the Paul Cardal concert and enjoy some beautiful music.
I wish I could still be in the dark about how many people are affected by CHD, but at the same time I can't discount the wonderful experiences I have had and the friends I have met. (You being one of those:)
Post a Comment