I believe that Merideth had a mission here on earth. Certainly part of her purpose was to teach her family meaningful lessons, as I have shared, in addition to what other family members have mentioned in their letters to her. I also believe that Merideth continues to be a missionary, and it is up to her family to do that work through sharing testimony of their experience with her. I have a responsibility to testify of what I know, some of which has been brought into clearer focus because of Merideth.
I know that God is our Heavenly Father. He knows us individually and hears and answers our prayers. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Through his atonement he took upon him our sins and sorrows. Christ broke the bands of death, allowing us to be resurrected with complete and perfect bodies. Through repentance and obedience to the commandments of God, we can return to their presence. The Holy Ghost is truly a gift from God which gives us comfort and inspiration.
I know that the prophet Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. Under their direction and through the power of the priesthood, he translated the Book of Mormon and restored Christ’s church in its fullness. This means that we have living prophets, healings, and miracles on the earth today. Through sacred priesthood ordinances we make promises to God that will allow us to live eternally with our families. (see mormon.org and lds.org for more about these beliefs).
Merideth needed to come to earth to receive a body. That frail body has passed on, but her spirit still lives. We will be reunited with her and be restored to all that we have temporarily been separated from.
“As I said before, the doctors had given a percentage of how many babies could live through surgery and how many would not live through surgery. Afterwards some of the doctors ‘patted us on the back’ and said we made the right choice because of the condition of our daughter, because it was pretty extreme. But we don’t need their pat on the back. It was a wonderful assurance. But we received an assurance weeks before that that we were doing exactly what Merideth needed to do. I hope Merideth sees and has the ability to know that the percentage she is in is that she 100 %--100%--did what she was sent here to do. And that was to be a beautiful baby who lived for nine days and brought happiness to many people. And truly hopefully her life will be an inspiration to many others.”
I have a prayer in my heart that we may we honor Merideth’s life through the testimony we try to live and speak daily.
1 comment:
Hi DIana- I've enjoyed reading your thoughts about Merideth over the past week. I think my favorite line from all of your writing was Aaron's quote that she did 100% of what she was supposed to do. That is the inspiration Merideth gives me the most-- to make the most of each and every day, to try to do give 100% to all that I do, and accomplish the things the Lord would have me do. Thanks for sharing so much this week!
Post a Comment