Friday, February 10, 2012

Six-Word Conversation About Your Heart

I recently read an article in Reader’s Digest (February 2009—no, I’m not a really slow reader, just slow at finding leisure time) that featured some excerpts from a book called Six Word Memoirs on Love & Heartbreak. I love the succinct, poignant statements these people found to summarize their love life in just six words. Some examples:

Where he is, I am home.

Love: eight pounds and six ounces

In hindsight, I’d still choose you.

(RD link for more examples)

I’ve had fun contemplating what I would write. I’ve got a few in mind that I am still working on, but haven’t quite tweaked, or they are inside references just for Aaron and me. But, I feel pretty good about sharing this one:

Five years, many joys—and counting.

I may add more as I think of them. I challenge you to attempt this literary and sentimental exercise about your relationship with your spouse or kids and would love to hear what you come up with.


2 comments:

CottleCrew said...

I love this, I'm going to come up with one!

D said...

Cute! I don't know if my brain can do it though. I loved Aaron's valentine for you... are you going to share the poem?