Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trumped

Valentine's Day is pretty much an ordinary day around here (Aaron would say that's because he shows his love daily in various ways). I still enjoy the fluff of decorating the house and the excuse to have some extra treats. For our preschool group we made cards to give to people in our family, and I made one for Aaron with one of my six-word gems (see previous post).

I thought Aaron would have some fun getting into the game and write his own one-liner. In hindsight, I have to laugh at why that would be a thrill, since that's about all I get in a typical email from him anyway.

Instead, inspired by some simple interactions throughout the day, Aaron wrote me a poem (14 lines!), then cut out each line and hid them around the house for Natalie and I to find and piece together. Aaron will assert that it had nothing to do with it being Valentine's Day, and that's just fine. A poem last much longer than a bouquet of balloons anyway.

No comments: