Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Tribute To My Husband

Aaron has mostly been in the background as far as my blog goes, but I truly appreciate the support he provides daily. From stepping in to help with chores to putting Natalie to bed most nights, he gives me respite and opportunity to work on things that seem so urgent in my mind. He hasn’t even complained about the extra pillows that crowd our bed as I toss and turn trying to get comfortable.

Aaron is a terrific dad and playmate for Natalie and it has been fun to see him grow into that role. As is typical of his nature, Aaron is analytical when it comes to discussing baby matters whereas I (understandably) focus on the emotional. We’ve had many discussions that help us both understand our situation and feelings better. He has had to bear with many spontaneous crying sessions, even when I can’t pinpoint an exact cause to the outburst, and I appreciate his reassuring expressions of love and confidence. I’m so grateful to have his emotional support and faith that buoys me up when I feel weak or inadequate. We don’t know what the next few weeks and months have in store for us, but we will be able to handle it together.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yes, you truly will continue to grow together in many wonderful ways during this new adventure. Treasure that part of it! :) I keep meaning to respond to your email, I just have not had much time to sit down and give it the attention it deserves! I will though.... I promise! Get some rest this week (I loved the pillow bed routine! Kyle often asked if there was any space for him in our bed after I got my pillows in and propped! Only a few more weeks!)

D said...

Hi Anna, I read your blog just now and I'm glad to hear that Aaron is able to help. Being a guy too, I know that sometimes I did not feel very helpful while Dana had all her aches and pains during the last months of pregnancy. Those uncomfortable nights are hard - right?

We continue to think about you and your family and pray for help and guidance for you and everyone involved.

Love Mike