Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Musings on the Season: The Lists

I had so much on my mind at the beginning of the month that I sat down and made a beautiful list (practically a flow chart) of everything I needed to do for Week 1, Week 2, Week 3 and Week 4 before Christmas and categorized them under “Christmas preparations,” “Church,” and “Around the House.” It really helped keep me focused on what needed to be done first, even though some of the things from the first week still aren’t finished. Here is a sample of the lists (on paper and in my head) that I compulsively check twice or more a day:

Treat ideas to make for friends and neighbors
Friends and neighbors to take treats to
Gift ideas to decide on
Activities to do with Natalie to make fun memories
People to send Christmas letters to (the letter was supposed to be written on Week 2)
Holiday movies to watch
Things to mail off at the post office
Errands to run with the kids
Errands to run without Natalie’s observant eyes and big mouth
Cleaning that keeps getting ignored while working on other things
Things I want to write about in my journal when life slows down

1 comment:

D said...

You and Mike should market some lists for people to buy. He is such a list guy. He wants to make a chart for everything. I always new you two thought alike ;0)