Just wanted to follow up on a few things. Thanks for all who commiserated with me on the social security hassle. Hopefully I have not said anything that might offend anyone who knows someone who works for government stuff—I know these systems are there to help us and I have to say that the people I’ve talked to have been patient and helpful. I just get stressed with red tape issues.
Thanks also to those who say they sometimes just don’t know what to say. To them I say thanks for all your prayers and thoughts for us. I am pretty open with how things are going, so I don’t really mind you asking.
Our friend Grant went in for his second heart surgery this week. From what I’ve read on his blog he seems to be doing well. We’re keeping him in our prayers.
I have found another heart friend. Sue is also expecting a baby in September with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. We have not met in person but we have talked on the phone and shared many emails. Her blog site is: http://i-am-sam-schwab.blogspot.com/. Reading her blog reminded me of many of my feelings while I was expecting which is refreshing but also hit very close to home with my own poignant memories. I look forward to meeting her and am grateful for the strength from having another friend who understands first hand having a baby with a congenital heart defect.
3 comments:
I just looked at Sam's blog. The mother has such faith! I truly admire you and her, and every other mother who has had to go through this trial and has stayed close to God through it all!
Diana,
I don't know if you remember me but, I talked to Sue the other day and she told me we used to be in the same ward. I found your blog thur her. I hope that is o.k. My heart is full to learn of you and Sue's trails. I can't begin to
think of the pain and suffering you have gone through. I read Merideths obituary and my heart sunk when I learned who her wonderful mother was. Diana you are a strength. I'm sorry for your loss!
Hey D,
*sigh* so sorry for all the hassles you've had to go through :( I'm not sure, but I guess Aaron (my aaron) is one of those government people and all I can say is, we feel your pain! In the words of Owen Wilson, "The system's all screwed up!" There are so many rules and regulations that it just complicates Everything and makes it about 10 times harder than it needs to be. I hope it all gets sorted out okay.
Oh, and that box I promised you is still sitting on my table... I can't find a good box to send it off in :( Hopefully I'll get that solved today.
loves,
mel and fam.
nice chatting with you the other day.
Post a Comment