Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summing up our week

We had fun hosting my brother’s family from Minnesota this week. They were unable to come to the funeral but were available for a road trip this past week. After spending time in Idaho they came to Logan to visit and see Merideth’s grave. Natalie loved the attention from her older cousins and thought she was one of the big kids staying up late playing with them. It was a brief visit, but we appreciate Mike and Dana’s support and desire to spend time with us.

In our other spare time over the past couple of weeks we have been working on finishing the bathroom in our basement. Aaron experimented with the painting and started out with this color but decided he didn’t like it.














So he decided to liven it up with this:








And then toned it down and gave it some texture for our finished product:









I was surprised with how it turned out. Even though I am very “design-challenged” and generally indecisive, he said I could choose other features like the light fixtures. I think we came up with something good (it only took 4 trips to 3 stores to look at every option, but at least we made the decision within a week!).

4 comments:

Zingalings-Custom Singing Telegrams said...

Diana,

I like it a lot! Here's hoping we'll be doing the same in our basement sometime soon.

Spencer

Katy said...

I love it! We should hire him to come do our house too! :)

Julie said...

I love the hieroglyphics the best.

Heather said...

So creative Aaron! I like it! It's fun to dive into new projects not knowing what the outcome will be!