Sorry for being so slow with the updates, but we have been busy enjoying our little girl, family and friends.
The first night home is always a little tricky with a newborn. Aaron and I took turns staying awake with Merideth because she was more interested in checking out her new home instead of sleeping. I think I did get a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep. Merideth has been a stinker and hasn't been nursing as regularly as the past two days, but the pediatrician says that's typical of newborns. Other than that she is doing well. It's hard to believe she is only 3 days old. It seems we've had her at least a week if not longer.
Some of our visitors have been hospice nurses who will come from time to time to check on Merideth's health and to offer other support. We also visited the pediatrician for a routine new baby check up. Aside from her heart problems, she is a typical newborn.
Natalie is happy to be back at home and we are trying to get her back on her regular routine, but that is hard when I have to devote most of my attention to the baby. My parents are staying with us for a few days and my brother's family also came to visit, so it has been nice to have other people be able to entertain her. I still have to make sure I give her some undivided Mommy time.
Footsteps for fertility
12 years ago
6 comments:
She is absolutely GORGEOUS. You are amazing parents and I just feel for you. Trusting in the Lord seems so hard sometimes but the peace with your decision helps so much. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Thank you for welcoming us into your home today, and for the blessing of being able to see you both and cuddle Merideth. I felt the sweetest spirit in your home, and that I was in the presence of angels. Thank you. Much Love, Aunt Carla
Congratulations and welcome home with your sweetheart baby girl, Merideth Joy. She will bring much 'joy' and the Lord's peaceful spirit into your home. I'll be over soon to see your angel.
Congradulations onhaving Meredith home. I am glad to see you hae a blog to keep in contact with all. Here is hoping you get a few hours of sleep with a newborn. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Rhonda Shaffer
Meredith is absolutely beautiful... we are thinking of you and praying for you..... :o)
Love, Lacy and the Susman's
What a gorgeous little girl.
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Kyle & Karen Hansen
Post a Comment