Finally there is one detail we know—I will be induced July 13. Actually they will just get me started that evening, so I don’t suppose she will be born until the 14th. I had hoped the induction date would coincide with my mom’s birthday (July 15), since Natalie was born on my dad’s birthday, but I didn’t think I was in a position to tell the doctors how to do their job. There are so many unknowns hovering over us, it is nice to have one thing that is concrete.
Also on this visit to
However, with many questions on our mind about how to proceed at birth, we wanted their input. We have recognized from the beginning that doing surgery is not an automatic solution. Though we know of many babies who have had surgery, we don’t know if it is the answer in our case. With this in mind, we wanted to understand what to expect if we do not choose surgery. Of course, there are a lot of unknowns with our baby’s condition until she is born, but this conversation helped us get an idea of what to expect and what support is available. We know the Lord will guide us in the decisions before us.
One week to go!
5 comments:
Hooray for an induction date! Isn't it nice to finally know something? I held onto that date for dear life as we prepared for the unknown. You never know...maybe she will make her appearance on your mom's birthday! I was induced with Grant the evening of March 18th and he didn't arrive until the wee hours of the morning on the 20th!! We have our surgery date and will be doing pre op stuff on the 29th, so we will be checking in and come visit if applicable!
It is nice to know one solid thing. I like to find something cool about each of my kids birth dates and if your sweet girl is indeed born on July 14th, she will be 7-14-09 (7*2=14...) I know it's dorky, but it's pretty cool right? Plus, she'll be Baby Girl #2 (once again, 7*2...)
Anyway, you are in our prayers and I know you will be guided as this week ticks by. Good luck.
Diana - you and your family are in my prayers - and I will be thinking (and praying) about you on the 14th. Congratulations on knowing a date!
Jessica
D, my heart goes out to you guys for the choices you have to make. We are thinking of you and wish we were closer.
lots of love and prayers.
Dear Diana,
I've been following your blog since your mom gave me the link. I think of you more often than you can imagine, I guess it's because I have been in similar shoes. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers nearly daily. I sincerely pray for you, your family and little sweetheart. I can feel your faith and I know that all will go well. I love you and wish you courage as you face the following days and weeks.
Janee
Post a Comment