Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Merideth Joy













Our little Merideth passed away early Thursday morning with a peaceful smile on her face.

Aaron and I are grateful she let us know she was going and that we could hold her in our arms to give her comfort. Thank you for the many prayers on our behalf. We feel at peace as she has returned to her Heavenly Father.

Note: Picture taken by my friend Mandy on her trip to Oregon last week

(posted by a family member per Diana's request...more info to come later)

32 comments:

Lizzy said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. What sweet joy to have held Merideth in your arms during her short time here on earth, and now to have her as part of your eternal family.

May peace surround you.

D said...

What a sweet picture that Mandy took. It is so serene, which I know Merideth is now feeling. We're still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

You have been and will continue to be in my thought and prayers. How wonderful it is that you got to enjoy her during her short time here. May the spirit continue to bring you peace and comfort.

Paula Decaria

jfb said...

oh Diana! I'm so sorry for you. Merideth is a beauty and I'm so glad I was able to meet her. Thank you for sharing your news with us. You and your family are in our prayers.

Today is Natalie's birthday, isn't it? How bittersweet that you'll always remember how close your two girls were/are to heaven on this day.

me said...

We have been thinking and praying for you and your family. How wonderful to have the Spirit to guide you through this difficult situation and make it a positive experience. Thank you for your great example of faith and patience, and for sharing it with all of us.

carolyn q said...

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

(Hugs)
Carolyn Quigley
President, IHH
Mom to Angel Hope

Zingalings-Custom Singing Telegrams said...

Diana,

Words can't express the love and sympathy we have for you and your family right now. You have been and will continue to be in our prayers.

We love you and are thankful for Merideth sharing herself with each of us. We have all been changed for the better.

Love Always,
Spencer

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. Please know that I care for you and if you need me I am here for you. Thank you for sharing Merideth's story and your journey along the way.

You are in our prayers,

Cindy Larsen

happyohana3 said...

We are crying with you, D. Lots of love and prayers.

mel

Heather said...

We are thinking of you and want you to know how much we love you! May the Lord bless you with the strength you need to get through this. What a blessing it was to have her let you know it was her time so you could hold her and turn her back over to our Heavenly Father! Our prayers are with you!!

Anonymous said...

Diana & Aaron~ God works mysterious ways, in His perfect knowledge. Merideth lived a Celestial life, while here on earth, in a heavenly home with her family. She is now living in Heaven with our Heavenly Father in the Celestial Kingdom. What a glorious and 'Joy'ful day when you meet your precious angel again. The Lord sent His valiant, spirit daughter to you and entrusted her in your care. I'm so blessed to have visited you Sunday and held your beautiful Merideth in my arms. Remember, Diana, the thought I told you~ Daughters are forever, and I'm so glad you're MINE... God bless you in both your sorrow and joy, at this time. Love you~ Christine Hamilton

Melissa said...

I love the beautiful pictures of your precious daughter. I'm so sorry for the pain you are experiencing right now. There are no words to help.
Praying for you,
Melissa Andrew
Intermountain Healing
Hearts Angel liaison
(Elaine's Mom)

Cara said...

Our prayers and thoughts are with you during this time. We love you.

Ken and Cara Hancock

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Diana and Aaron. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Tonya Sorenson

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you and your family and we are keeping you in our prayers. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do.
-Jake and Susan Meacham

April said...

Diana, you have been in our thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. Although I have seen others go through something like this, I cannot say that I know how you feel, or offer any advice to you. I do feel that you are blessed to have those around you that can say that, and for that I am grateful. We wish you peace and comfort and will continue to pray for that. We love you and look forward to meeting your angel someday. With our love and tears, April and family

Shillene Hancock said...

Diana and Aaron,
I have enjoyed being apart of your lives and getting to know Merideth through this Sweet Blog!
Our lives are changed for better from this experience.
We keep your Family in our Prayers and send our Love.
With Great Love,
Blaine and Shillene Hancock

Bonnie Burris said...

How thoughful Mandy! Love it! This amazing picture captures the emotion perfectly as it's worth a thousand words, yet the only word written is "Merideth". Thank you for sharing it's peace during this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Diana and Aaron.
Love,
~Bonnie (Elizabeth's sister)

Anonymous said...

Aaron and Diana,
Our thoughts and prayers have been with you. You are amazing parents to understand the things that you have. We are so blessed to have the Gospel and the knowledge of eternal families. She is just a beautiful little angel that will now be watching over you while in the presence of Heavenly Father.

Vickie and KD Tilley

Cynthia Teague said...

Aaron & Diana,
Dana and I would like to let you know that you have been in our prayers in the last week. We know that Merideth is with Heavenly Father watching down over you with that same smile. Our thought and prayers go out to your family.
With Love,
The Teague's

Cynthia Teague said...

Aaron & Diana,
Dana and I would like to let you know that you have been in our prayers in the last week. We know that Merideth is with Heavenly Father watching down over you with that same smile. Our thought and prayers go out to your family.
With Love,
The Teague's

Snorkelgirl said...

Dear Diana,

Thank you for sharing your sweet daughter with us. Even though I could not meet her I've been touched and blessed by you and your family. My heart aches for your loss and tears of sorrow are being shed here too. My prayers will continue for you and your family. I'm sorry for your loss.

Love,
Anne M.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

That picture is awesome... what a beautiful tribute to Merideth... we've been praying for you and your sweet family and hope you know of our love for you and more importantly of Our Father in Heaven and His love for you... we hope you may find peace and comfort at this time... Families are Forever....

love, Lacy and Zeke Susman and family

Becca Joy said...

Aaron and Diana,

Our thoughts and prayers are with your sweet family at this time. Know that we love you and think of you often.

Love, John, Becky and little Aaron

Anonymous said...

You don't know me but I want you to know that your story has touched me. I have prayed for you and will continue to pray that you will continue to be comforted during this time. Your strength and testimonies are an inspiration to me.

writeongal said...

Dear Diana, Aaron, and Natalie,
Our hearts go out to you all. We prayed for a miracle, but also asked for Father's Will. I just want to bear you our witness that He will strengthen,love, and give you the peace as you go throughout your lives. One of the greatest lessons that I personally have learned is that although death is hard, it is also sweet, precious and part of our eternal plans. You will see and love your Meredith again, and the Lord will allow you to feel of her sweet spirit. We love you all, and know that Families are Forever. IF you ever need anything, we are here. You all, including Meredith are in our prayers.
Love,
The Hyers

Emma said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. What a beautiful little girl. My sister's daughter was born with the same condition. Everyday they spend with her is a miracle and a blessing.

Riz said...

We are so sorry for your loss and our hearts hurt for you. Thank you for sharing these tender moments with us -- we're better for knowing you and knowing Meredith's journey back to our Father in Heaven. Thank you.

Aaron & Liz

........ said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful baby girl she is! May Heavenly Father bless you with comfort and peace until you can be with her again...

Jenny Axford Cook said...

I hope you know how much of an inspiration you are to me. I can't imagine what you're going through or how I would handle it, but I am so proud of you for trusting so whole-heartedly in Heavenly Father. I know that He will watch over you. Zac and I love you both and want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. We are so grateful for your examples.

Anonymous said...

Diana-
Anne told me about your blog. I am so sorry for your loss. But, thank you for sharing your strength and testimony. May you be blessed with continued peace.
Love,
Kristi Bell

wishesUT said...

Dear Diana, Aaron & Natalie,

I'm so sorry to hear of Merideth's passing, but feel grateful that she was able to go peacefully back to her Father in Heaven. My heart aches for you, but I feel comfort in knowing that you will be able to be with Merideth again.
Mandy told me about the picture she took of Merideth's name in Oregon and it really is beautiful and poignant.
Diana, your faith has always inspired me, but I have especially appreciated your faith during this difficult journey. As I have read about what you are going through I have felt the Spirit witness to me of the blessing of eternal families. I am praying for you.