Saturday, July 18, 2009

Visitors












We've enjoyed many visitors these past few days: grandparents (and great) on both sides as well as aunts and uncles and cousins. Aaron's sister and brother-in-law from Vernal have come to visit for a few days and my brother Rob and his family also came to share some more time with Merideth this weekend.

Rob and Elizabeth have been a particular source of strength and example to me throughout our pregnancy as they had a similar experience with their sweet Paige six years ago who lived only 2 weeks. Although Paige and Merideth were born with different complications, there are many things that have reminded me of their experience. Elizabeth called me periodically throughout the pregnancy to check on how I was doing and to give advice of what to expect at the hospital and share emotions that only a mother who has been through having a baby with a serious birth defect can understand. I was so touched by their own strength and grace as they said goodbye to Paige that it has given me strength to face our own challenges.

Elizabeth thoughtfully offered to come to hospital to be with us for additional support for whatever we might need. She was especially helpful in taking so many pictures of family who came to visit and of the baby blessing. While here at our home she and I had great conversations about babies and new mother issues and had lots of fun finding cute outfits for Merideth to wear. I am sure that Paige was on her mind a lot and as I thanked her for all the help and support she has been this week, she said that it helped fill a hole in their own hearts to be able to hold Merideth.






















We had a much better night with Merideth last night and she is back to nursing well. When people ask how she is doing, my initial response is “great” because she is doing all the things normal newborns do. She is a healthy size and has good coloring and does not look sickly, so one would not guess that she has other health problems.

This week has flown by. Aaron and I have felt the spirit witness to us on various occasions that we are following the Lord’s path for Merideth and that gives us great peace and assurance.

10 comments:

Katy said...

One of my first visitors while in the hospital with the complications with Gavin was Elizabeth. I'm sure you know what that meant to have someone who has been there just physically there to support me! Elizabeth talked a lot about Paige while we were that tonight & I think it has been good for her, as you mentioned. Love the 4 generations pictures! We left the bows with Elizabeth, so we hope they make it back down with mom & dad. LOVES!!!

Julie said...

Thanks so much for the pictures and your thoughts. I know you and Aaron are following God's plan. Love ya, Sis!

Anonymous said...

Diana your little Merideth is absolutely gorgeous! I love the name you chose. And we want you to know that she, along with your family, are in our thoughts and our prayers. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do for you.
-Susan and Jake Meacham

D said...

Thanks for sharing all that. Sniff, sniff... It touches me to think of you guys and to think of Rob and Liz. I love the 4 generation picture.

Sue said...

Merideth is beautiful. I am so glad you are able to be surrounded by people who love and comfort you. I'm sure your home is surrounded by a sweet spirit.

happyohana3 said...

D, thanks for taking time to post pictures and thoughts. Your little girl is SSSsooooo lovely and sweet! Bless your heart, D, for trusting your Heavenly Father.

........ said...

I found your blog through a little detective work from comments left on Grant's blog and just wanted to tell you congratulations. Merideth is just beautiful! I hope that you all have some wonderful time with her. Your family will be in my prayers.

Snorkelgirl said...

Fun 4 generation picture! What a cherished treasure. Family can be a wonderful support group.

Heather said...

Merideth is such a doll Diana! We are praying for you and your family! You are such an example...My heart goes out to you! Thank you for sharing your blog...You will truly be blessed for trusting in the Lord! We love you!

Jessy and Kurt Antonino!!!! said...

What a wonderful mom you are let me share something to you: "Thanks for let her be free of tubes and pain" I am a type of a girl that I don't handle pain at all and if I was born and I coudl talk I probably will tell my mom, to not put me through the pain at all, that i would be more happier without seening or feeling others people pain. My heart is with you and your whole family, you are a very strong women on your little girls is too, she looks adorable and hope you can enjoy each second of her life. Thanks for sharing your story, thanks for the strong testimony that you have and the streigth that you have on this desion. Good Luck and Heavenly father will be happy to get back this little angel again.